Bobtail Insurance Quotes for Truckers Driving under another authority
Let us quote your Texas Bobtail Insurance.
Great Rates! Monthly Payments Available
Click Quote Button or Call 936-588-2202
What Is Bobtail Insurance?
Driving your Tractor without the trailer attached is known as bobtailing or deadheading. Truck owner operators who occasionally make deadhead trips with or without dispatch are usually required by their motor carrier to have special coverage, known as Bobtail truck insurance.
Here’s what independent truck drivers need to know about this insurance:
- Bobtail truck insurance provides liability coverage when you are driving your semi without the trailer regardless whether or not you are under dispatch
- Bobtail coverage would apply when you drive your truck without its cargo trailer to and from the terminal
- Bobtail truck insurance also would apply when you are traveling between loads without the trailer attached.
What Is Non-Trucking Liability Insurance?
Bobtail liability insurance often is confused with non-trucking liability insurance, but there are a few important differences. They include:
- Non-trucking liability insurance covers independent semi drivers when they are outside the scope of their lease agreement with the motor carrier.
- Generally, this coverage applies when semi operators are driving their big rigs without trailers on their own time.
- This insurance does not provide coverage to semi drivers while they are under dispatch.
- Non-trucking liability insurance is a more narrow coverage and does not cost as much as Bobtail insurance.
Bobtail insurance and non-trucking liability coverages are both applicable in the state of Texas including Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin and other cities.